- Define “public policy” and describe the policymaking process as it applies to American national government institutions.
- Explain the principles underlying the American health-care system and the issues facing that system.
- Describe the environmental policies of the United States and the role of the Environmental Protection Agency in implementing these policies.
- Analyze American energy policy and discuss how it encourages energy independence.
- Describe the national policies for ending poverty in the United States and alleviating the issues caused by economic downturns.
- Discuss the issues raised by immigration into the United States and the proposed reforms to the immigration system.